Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1 - KB&T [ Day 2 W ]

Great workout today! I felt great while doing it, well pain equals great, so yeah. It takes a lot for me to sweat, seriously. I would go on 4 mile runs and never sweat! This workout reminded me that I need to drink more water and I need a good sports bra, haha. So any recommendations would be appreciated by the ladies.

I did Killer Buns and Thighs today, by the way, just that. I'm going to flip-flop them every other day so I get both workouts. I should start level 2 on both workouts mid next month! I'm so excited. I need to get toned before Ben's graduation and before we move to North Carolina! So that is also a good motivator, goals.

Here are some ways to motivate yourself -

-Being attractive. That’s always a good motivator, as I’m sure we all know.

-Stress relief. Wound up after a long day at the office? Get out and work off that stress. It makes a world of difference.

-The dread of feeling “yuck” from not exercising. I hate how I feel after not exercising. So I remind myself of that when I feel tired. -Living long enough to see your grandkids … and play with them.

-Reaching a goal. Set a goal for weight, or your waist measurement, or a number of days to work out, or a number of miles to run this week. Setting and tracking a goal helps motivate you to complete that goal. Make it easily achievable.

-An upcoming day at the beach, or a reunion. Nuff said.

-Cover models. Sure, they’re genetically freaky, and probably Photoshopped to look perfect. But for some reason, looking at how good a cover model looks helps motivate me to work harder.

-How you’re going to look. Imagine a slimmer, fitter you. Now let that visualization drive you.

-Time for you. While many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.

-How you feel after a workout. I always feel great after a good workout. It’s a high. And I let that motivate me the next time: “You know how good you’re going to feel, Leo!”

 I got these from http://zenhabits.net/31-ways-to-motivate-yourself-to-exercise/ - and picked out my favorites. :]

2 comments:

  1. I've gone from no water to 32 oz of water a day with those little crystal light packets. I've actually not drank 16 oz yet today and I'm really feeling it. It's horrible. For some reason, I also tend to drink more when I use a straw. :) So fancy!

    I like all the zen habit motivators!

    ReplyDelete